Maybe it was the desire to eat healthier, or the beautiful weather that forced me onto patios instead of into the kitchen- but I'm back. And this one's a doozy.
Tonight I decided to make simple lasagna roll-up's- caprese style.
Caprese= Mozzarella, basil, tomatoes. Add in some noodles and a bit of ricotta, and you have the perfect summery meal for a warm night in May. It was very easy, and if you pick your ingredients right- tastes so fresh! (Always opt for the fresh basil and super ripe roma tomatoes and you're set).
8 lasagna noodles, cooked
about 2 cups shredded mozzarella
3/4 cup ricotta
3 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
fresh basil, sliced into ribbons
marinara sauce (I admittedly just used store-bought for convenience purposes)
1. Preheat oven to 350*F.
2. Combine ricotta, egg, and about half the mozzarella. Mix well.
3. Cook your lasagna noodles and drain, do NOT rinse them! Lay them down on parchment.
4. Evenly spread some of the ricotta mixture (about 1/4 cup) over each noodle.
5. Top with tomato slices, basil ribbons & black pepper. Tightly roll up each noodle and lay together (nice and snug) in a large baking dish.
6. Pour a generous amount of marinara sauce over the noodles, ensuring to coat the edges (because they may get too crispy)
7. Sprinkle remainder of shredded mozzarella on top.
8. Bake for approximately 25 minutes.