Thursday 3 May 2012

Feta & Pomegranate Couscous Salad

Greetings all,

it's been a couple weeks since my last post so I'm due for a new one! I had an idea this week to make some kind of grain salad with pomegranate, so I opted for couscous. The sweetness of the fruit is a refreshing contrast with the heavier salty flavour of the couscous and feta. It's a breeze to make and is enough to last for a few good work lunches. Et voila...


Ingredients
1 box of couscous, prepared (I bought a "lemon spinach" flavoured one, but next time I think I'd just go au naturel...)
6 green onions, sliced
1 bunch of cilantro, "snipped" into smaller pieces (use scissors, its easier)
1 pomegranate, seeds removed** (I'd even go for 2 next time)
Juice of 1 lemon
A decent sized block of feta (mine was about 2x2'')
A few dashes of black pepper

**To easily extract the seeds of the pomegranate mess-free, do it in a bowl of water. when you break pieces apart, the seeds will sink and the skin and other bits will float. Then just remove the floating pieces and strain the rest- this way the seeds don't stain anything either.

Simply mix all ingredients together. Refrigerate if you prefer it cold (I do).

No comments:

Post a Comment