Monday 17 November 2014

Cauliflower "Hot Wings"


I've been meaning to try out this recipe for a while. So, when I found myself with a head of cauliflower in the fridge and not knowing what to do with it, this was the first thought that came to mind. I've got hot sauce (sriracha), and I've got flour-- that's about all you need!

I found this recipe on pinterest, but made some modifications. These babies could easily be made vegan (sub in a butter replacement) and would be an awesome party dish.

Ingredients
+ 1 head of cauliflower
+ 1 cup of flour (I used whole wheat! …trying to be healthy)
+ 1 cup of water
+ Seasonings of your choice (mine= salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder)
+ ~1/4 cup hot sauce (Frank's or sriracha work well)
+ ~2 tbsp butter
Optional: Ranch for dipping

Directions
+ Preheat oven to 450F & line a baking sheet with tinfoil.
+ Cut the head of cauliflower into individual florets, set aside.
+ In in a small bowl (I actually used a large mug to be able to dip the florets in deeper), mix together flour and water. Add in your seasonings of choice, and perhaps a splash of hot sauce.
+ Dip each floret into the batter, shake it off, and place on the baking sheet.
+ Bake for about 15 minutes. While it's in the oven, melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the 1/4 cup of hot sauce.
+ After the 15 minutes in the oven, remove cauliflower & brush on hot sauce mixture. Return to oven for an additional 10 min.
+ Remove from oven, let cool for a few minutes, and serve with ranch :)

No comments:

Post a Comment