Saturday 16 February 2013

Sugar & Shortbread Cookies


As you all know, I love baking. What's more, I love baking and sharing my baked goods with people. Strangers, even. After all, I can't eat it all.

This Valentines, I decided to make as many cookies as humanly possible in one night, and give them out to people at work the next day :) I am happy to say they were a big hit. Apparently crowds were swarming the plates.

I made classic white sugar cookies, chocolate sugar cookies, and shortbread cookies and invited my friend Tara over to help me decorate them! (AND sample, of course.) We experimented with colours, designs and techniques, and had quite the stack of adorable cookies in the end.

All my recipes (including the royal icing) came from my SprinkleBakes cookbook- which is definitely one of my favourite cookbooks EVER and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys baking. All of these recipes can also be found on her blog, at www.sprinklebakes.com ... check her out!

And enjoy my photos of the whole process! Tara is delightful company, and a great photographer :)




 

KitchenAid Standmixer- Love of my life.



Sometimes I taste-test.

Outline- Then flood the cookies.

Draw lines in another colour while the flooded icing is still wet.



Then drag a toothpick through the lines in the opposite direction and watch beautiful designs form





No comments:

Post a Comment