Monday, 26 March 2012
White Chocolate Grapefruit Cookies
2 1/2 cups AP flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
zest of one (recommended: two) grapefruit(s)
2 tsp grapefruit juice
1 cup of white chocolate chips, or a good quality white chocolate bar chopped up
1. Preheat oven to 375*F
2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl, mix well.
3. Cream butter and sugars in a large bowl on medium speed, add the egg and vanilla.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients slowly while mixing.
5. Add in the zest, juice and chips to the dough and mix to ensure it's all incorporated.
6. Drop 1.5 inch rounds of cookie dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden.