i have been asked to make cupcakes for someone's baby shower next weekend and since i hadn't tried putting much effort into decorating cupcakes in the past, i decided i should start. this week i went and bought some tools:
- wilton featherlight piping bag
- wilton piping tips
i knew the basics of how to pipe icing, but had never tried. and even trickier was the idea of having to make a frosting with the right consistency to hold up when piped.
....but, i am happy to report, that it all worked out amazingly! can't imagine the calorie count of these....
sad to report the cupcakes themselves were made from a box.... this experiment was really all about the icing.
the finished product
my first attempt at an icing rose.
my second, and much better attempt.